St. Joan of Arc Centre for Integral Development- JACID Trust was formed to give concrete shape to the long cherished vision 0f Fr. Francis Ravi, a Catholic Priest, having worked 16 years as a priest in India and 8 years in USA, could internalize the sufferings and the lack of access to development opportunities to the economically and socially poor and vulnerable. His realization that if provided with opportunities, the deprived could prove to be efficient learners, able leaders and effective contributors motivated him to focus more on formal and non-formal education that paves way for sustainable and self reliant development. To give expression and realization to the vision of the founder, JACID was founded in the year 2003, July 23.
To accelerate community development, and provide intervention strategies addressing issues of education, vocational training and employment opportunities for young poor and weaker sections.
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.”
Objectives of the Trust:
To give expression to the vision of the founder, JACID was founded with the following objectives:
1. To carry out charitable and welfare activities for the needy, poor and weaker sections.
2. To undertake educational, vocational and skill training programmes.
3. To work for achieving gender equality and social justice in the society.
4. To promote community health, sanitation and environment.
5. To facilitate other organizations and the government departments in the mission of welfare and development.